New Window Studio Sessions allow attendees to access a Studio Session from the Session Details Page. The Studio Session will pop-out in a separate window from the Event Cloud event for viewing.
This article will outline steps to create and configure a New Window Studio Session. Additionally, this article includes configuration steps related to the On Demand. If you need a refresher on how to create a Session, please review the Solution Center Article here.
Prior to configuring a New Window Session, please review a few key considerations:
- When New Window Studio Sessions are enabled, in addition to Event Cloud Site access, Admin users will be granted Studio Tenant Admin access. The Studio Tenant access will require Admins to log into the Studio Webcasting site using their unique Studio credentials.
- New Window Studio Sessions are created in the Studio Tenant. All initial configuration settings such as date/time, Studio user roles, etc. are configured in the Studio Tenant.
- All configuration updates related to the New Window Studio Session must be completed in both the Studio Tenant and Event Cloud Session. For example, if the date or time changes for the Session the webcast needs to be updated in the Studio Tenant and Event Cloud Session.
- Studio Presenter Links will not appear in the Event Cloud site. All Studio links are accessible from the Studio Tenant. Admin users are responsible for sending each Studio presenter their dedicated link through their preferred method of communication.
New Window Studio Session Configuration
There are 3 elements that comprise the configuration needs for a New Window Studio Session:
- Create a webcast in the Studio Tenant using the approved Event Cloud Studio Session Template (pop out) template.
- Create a Session on the Event Cloud Site that corresponds with the Studio Tenant webcast.
- Associate the Event Cloud Session and Studio Tenant webcast on the Event Cloud site using the Manage Video tab options.
Step 1: New Window Studio Webcast
1. To associate a Studio New Window session on an Event Cloud site, you need to create the webcast in the Studio Tenant. The webcast will not appear as a selection option in Event Cloud until it is created in the Studio Tenant.
2. The template Event Cloud Studio Session Template (pop out) must be selected when creating a New Studio Window webcast.
- Failure to select the approved template will result in the attendee view not populating for users from the Event Cloud - Session Details page.
- Additionally, the template has the “No Registration, Require Email Address” settings in place. These settings must not be changed and edits to these settings will result in users not being able to access the New Window webcast.
Step 2: Event Cloud Session
Once the webcast has been created in the Studio Tenant, it can be associated to an Event Cloud Session. If creating a new Session, complete the necessary steps to configure the Session that corresponds with the New Window Studio Session webcast created in the Studio Tenant.
1. Access the Event Cloud site as an Admin user and select Sessions from the left navigation menu.
2. Next, select All Sessions from the left navigation menu to populate a list of scheduled Sessions.
3. From the All Sessions list, locate the session you wish to edit. Click on the Paper & Magnifying Glass icon to launch the Session Details page.
4. From the Sessions Details page, select the Manage Video From this tab, the New Window Studio Session can be added on this page as a Video Provider.
Step 3: Event Cloud - Video Provider
1. Select the Video Provider drop-down menu and choose Studio from the list. After selecting Studio, the Webcast Display dropdown will populate.
2. From the Webcast Display dropdown menu, select New Window Webcast. After selecting New Window Webcast additional configuration fields will populate.
3. Select the Studio Shows dropdown menu to choose a webcast created in the Studio Tenant.
4. In the Video Player Display section, specify when the Enter The Show button will appear to attendees. The During Session Time Slot is connected to the Time Slot associated to the Event Cloud Session. The Enter The Show button will appear at the session start time through the slated event end time.
5. As a best practice, we recommend using the Custom Time.
- Use the Start Date picker to set the opening 5 to 10 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow users to see the Enter The Show button and open Studio in a new window ahead of the session broadcast.
- Use the End Date picker to set a time when the Enter The Show button no longer appears for users. As a best practice, set the time to reflect the scheduled webcast duration. If this session will be made on-demand, then the end date and time should be set to when the on-demand period will end.
6. Select Save in the upper right corner to commit to the updates.
The best way to maximize content is to make it available on-demand. To make a New Window Studio Session available to on-demand viewers, the Admin will need to complete the following action items for each webcast:
1. In the Studio Presenter Console, the webcast must be set to on-demand.
2. The Event Cloud Video Player Custom Time end date must be set to reflect duration of the on-demand period.
From the user perspective, to view an on-demand, they would simply need to find the session on the Sessions Page or access My Schedule if they have already added the Session to their personal schedule. Once selected, clicking on the title will launch the Session Details Page.
Selecting the Enter The Show button will open a new video player window to view the on-demand content. Once the user is done viewing the content, they can close the session window and continue to browse in the Event Cloud.