Below are the release notes for the 5.101 Event Cloud Product Release, on Monday, April 04, 2022.
- The Event Cloud Expand option is now feature complete. This means that when it’s enabled for an event on the back end, that event has access to a more streamlined experience using a subset of the full Event Cloud platform.
- We made some improvements so that video start and end times are decoupled from an event’s start and end date. This is a win for both internal users testing video streams as well as customers who have a need for video availability outside of the event window.
New Features and Enhancements
Event Cloud Expand:
As of this release, the following changes are also applied when the Event Cloud Expand option is enabled for an event:
- Custom roles are removed from the product in the following places: User Details page, Users Summary view, and any default user settings.
- The Session Details page has several non-Expand options (such as using a session image, having an Attending Users tab on the page, and more) removed from the UI. The full list of items removed from the page is as follows:
- The Custom roles allowed to attend option
- The Visible to Anonymous user option
- The Show Attending Users option
- The Featured option
- The Assistants area
- The Session Image option
- The Links area
- The Session Requests tab
- In the Navigation edit slide-out, the navigation items for Evaluations, Sponsors and Info Center are not shown at all. In the Page Builder, the Meeting and Sponsor Lobbies are shown but disabled with a message notifying users this feature is not available in Expand.
Event Cloud Standard:
- In order to create a better experience when viewing the Welcome Lobby in the Technology Theme, the background image is now 100% height and pinned on the right side of the page. This change allows admins to create a more predictable Welcome Lobby experience for users across multiple resolutions & devices.
- To make the mobile app process work more smoothly for customers, we’ve added a default Notified app icon that is used if they don’t upload their own icon.
- For improved usability, the user online status signifier has been changed to a circle around the profile picture instead of a small dot. The status signifier was updated so that a new message notification can be added in a future iteration that could have confused users.
- Throughout the Event Cloud UI, we have replaced the logo for “Powered by” to the Notified logo.
- In the Event Editor Technology theme, Mac users may experience the background image not initially expanding to fill the space when the user collapses the navigation menu. Instead there is a blank space beside the image which corrects itself upon scrolling. This issue will be addressed in a future release.
Please sign in to leave a comment.