Each staff member at your event will have a specific schedule during which they're expected to work. When you're preparing your staff in your event site, it can be tedious to individually manage the schedules of dozens (if not hundreds) of staff members. Rather than adding schedules into Event Cloud one at a time, you can bulk add them by importing a spreadsheet.
Creating the Spreadsheet
To import your staffing schedules, you'll need to fill out a .xlsx or .csv file with all your schedule data and import it to your event site. Event Cloud offers a free template, and we recommend that you use it! You can find it at the bottom of this article.
In order for the import to be successful, you're required to add some fields as headers along the first row (row 1) of your spreadsheet. For staffing schedules, please include the following fields in your spreadsheet:
|email@example.com||Technical Learning||Lobby||Table 1||04/29/2020 11:00||04/29/2020 17:00||Example Name||Example Description||No|
A few things to keep in mind before importing:
- Note, the file must contain these required fields as columns:
- AllowConflicts must contain a yes or no value. ActivityName and ActivityDescription are optional.
- Please remove hyperlinks from the Email column. Multiple emails may be entered in one row by separating them with a |. Do not use spaces (ex:firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org)
- Time entries must be included in an accepted datetime format (example: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm).
- Please include the headers (first row) in the spreadsheet before you import it.
- In the Email column, please remove hyperlinks from all emails. Email must include the email of an existing staffer that belongs to the referenced workgroup. If the staffer doesn't belong to the referenced workgroup, the staffer will be automatically added to that workgroup.
- For each row, Workgroup must reference a workgroup that exists in your event site. For more information on how to add workgroups, visit our help center article on Adding a Workgroup.
- For each row, Location must reference an existing location that belongs to the referenced workgroup. For more information on how to add staffing locations, visit our help center article on Adding a Staffing Location.
- Area is optional, but if included in a row, it must contain a reference to an existing area that belongs to the referenced location. For more information on areas within locations, visit our Meeting Locations Guide.
- For StartDateTime and EndDateTime, use the following datetime format: mm//dd/yyyy hh:mm. For time, please use 24hr format.
- ActivityName and ActivityDescription are optional.
- AllowConflicts must contain either a yes or no value.
- The uploaded file cannot exceed 1000 rows. If you need to import more than 1000 rows for either Sessions or Meetings, please break the import into multiple files.
- Your file must be in either .xlsx or .csv format.
Importing the Spreadsheet
|1. Navigate to the Admin Portal||
|2. Click Staffing||
|3. Click Scheduling|
|4. Click Import Staffing Schedule|
|5. On the next page, click on Start New Import (upper right corner)|
6. Under Choose Data Type, select "Staffing Schedule". We recommend leaving the "Allow Schedule Conflicts" box unchecked.
After you review the instructions that populate at the top of the page, click the "Drop a file or click to upload button" to locate your spreadsheet:
|7. After you've uploaded your spreadsheet, click Next in the upper right corner|
8. For the next step, you're required to map your file fields to their respective Event Cloud fields. This is a crucial step in the import process, so make sure you map your fields correctly! Map your fields until all of them indicate a green checkmark.
Note: If your file's headers are exactly as they're written in this article, your fields should map automatically.
|9. When you're done, click the Next button to proceed.|
|10. On the last step, please review your import. Any errors with your data will be detected at this step; if there are any errors, please edit and re-upload your spreadsheet.|
|11. Once everything is looking good to go, click the Import button in the top right corner to complete your import!
|12. Lastly, you'll be prompted to confirm your import:|
|Once you hit OK, you're all done!|