In our User Management Guide, we discussed the ins and outs of adding, editing and deleting individual users. However, as your event starts ramping up, you may find hundreds (or thousands) of users needing access to your site. Rather than adding users one at a time, you can bulk add users by importing a spreadsheet.
Creating the Spreadsheet
To import users, you'll need to fill out a .xlsx or .csv file with all your user data and import it to your event site. When you create your spreadsheet, you're required to add the following fields as headers along the first row of the spreadsheet (row 1):
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Company||Industry||Biography||Roles|
A few things to keep in mind before importing:
- Please include the headers (first row) in the spreadsheet before you import it.
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Role are required fields. All other Profile Fields are optional.
- If you've added any Custom Profile Fields, you can include them as a column header in row 1, but they'll need to match exactly (no typos or trailing spaces!)
- Under the "Roles" column, users can have multiple roles separated by a pipe '|' and no spaces.
- You can also import custom roles, but they'll need to match exactly what is in Hubb (no typos or trailing spaces)!
- Your file must be in either .xlsx or .csv format.
- The uploaded file cannot exceed 1000 rows. If you need to import more than 1000 rows, please break the import into multiple files.
- Users with duplicate emails will not be imported unless you select the "Allow Duplicates" option.
There is a template to help you get started at the bottom of this article.
Importing the Spreadsheet
1. From the Admin portal, click on Users > Import Users
2. In the top right corner, click the Start New Import button
|3. Under Choose Data Type, select "User". We recommend leaving the "Allow Schedule Conflicts" box unchecked. After you review the instructions that populate at the top of the page, click the "Drop a file or click to upload button" to locate your spreadsheet||
|4. After you've uploaded your spreadsheet, click Next in the upper right corner|
|5. For the next step, you're required to map your file fields to their respective Hubb fields. This is a crucial step in the import process, so make sure you map your fields correctly! Map your fields until all of them indicate a green checkmark.
Note: If your file's headers are exactly as they're written in this article, your fields should map automatically.
|6. When you're done, click the Next button to proceed|
|7. On the last step, please review your import. Any errors with your data will be detected at this step; if there are any errors, please edit and re-upload your spreadsheet.||
|8. Once everything is looking good to go, click the Import button in the top right corner to complete your import!|
|9. Lastly, you'll be prompted to confirm your import|
|10. Once you hit OK, you're all done!|