Event Cloud knows the importance of finding new and innovative ways to engage with your attendees, that's why we've brought gamification to the platform! This article will walk you through implementing gamification into your event. In order for an attendee to participate in Gamification they must have their profile set to show in the community.
Let's get started - ready, set, go!
|1. Navigate to the Admin Portal > Event|
|2. Click Gamification|
By default, all roles are eligible to play the game. Because you may have certain roles that you do not want to be included in, you can exclude those roles from earning points and appearing on the leaderboard. Please keep in mind that only custom roles can be selected to exclude.
|1. Click Select Roles to Exclude|
|2. Select one or more roles from the list|
|3. Click Save to save changes and exclude those roles from playing the game|
Attendees are encouraged to complete activities to earn badges, the more badges they earn the higher their standing on the leaderboard.
When Gamification is enabled our standard badges will automatically become part of the gameplay and you can also create your own badges. There can be a maximum of 30 badges total.
Configuring Standard Badges
You can edit the following fields of your standard badges:
- Order in which they appear on the Leaderboard
- Points per Action
- Maximum Actions
- Schedule Availability
- Enable or Disable
Please note that you cannot edit a standard badge's category or the action that players must perform to earn the badge.
Standard Gamification Badges
|Title and description||Category|
|Submit the Event Evaluation||All Event|
|Visit a Speaker Profile||All Event|
|Visit the Community Page||All Event|
|Visit a Community Profile||All Event|
|Visit the Speaker Directory||All Event|
|Search the Attendee List||Attendees|
|Add a Session to Schedule||Session|
|Search the Session List||Session|
|Submit a Session Evaluation||Session|
|Visit any Session||Session|
|Visit the Session List||Session|
|Watch any Session Video||Session|
|Favorite any Sponsor||Sponsor|
|Visit any Sponsor||Sponsor|
|Visit the Sponsor List||Sponsor|
Please note that sessions that use Evia Live Stream and Microsoft Streaming include limited reporting and can not be tracked for watching a session video.
Create Your Own Badge(s)
In addition to the standard badges that are automatically available, you can add new badges which give players points for visiting the pages you specify, like custom pages, a specific speaker
To create a badge, start on the Gamification Page:
|1. Click Add A New Badge|
|2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to the last row, edit your new badge.|
|3. Choose the Order in which you want your new badge to be displayed on the Leader Board. You can either use the arrows by the numbers to move up and down or drag and drop to change the order.|
|4. Add a Title|
|5. Choose an Icon, click on the pencil in the icon column and pick an icon to represent this badge|
|6. Choose a Category, click on the down arrow to display your category options. You can choose from Custom Page, Lobby, Session, Speaker, Sponsor.|
|7. In the search field type the name of the page that you wish to create a Category for, click Search. If you do not know what page you want leave the search field blank and click Search.|
|8. Click on the page that you wish to create a category for, a green check will appear next to your chosen page|
|9. Click Save|
|10. Add a Description|
|11. Edit Points, this defaults to 100 points per visit, the maximum amount of visits 1.|
|12. Edit Schedule Availability, this defaults to the dates of the event|
|13. Scroll to the top of the page, click Save to save your new badge|
Message Management for Gamification
The default message attendees will see on the gamification page will say " Welcome to gamification"
1. The default message attendees will see on the gamification page will say " Welcome to gamification"
To update the message navigate to the admin portal.
|2. Click Event|
|3. Click Message Management|
|4. Find Leaderboard Introduction Message|
|6. Add the messages you would like attendees to see. Don't forget to save!|
Best Practices and Tips
- When setting up session badges, it is best practice to only include sessions that do not require custom roles to view. Event Cloud does not limit visibility for gamification tasks based on custom roles. Please visit our custom roles article for more information.
- Be specific when naming and creating badge titles. For example, if you have two sessions with the same name, that take place on different dates, you will want to specify what day the badge is for. An example could be a badge titled "Session Name: Day 2".
- It is best practice to include specific instructions for earning badges. For example, if you are creating a badge that must be earned at a specific date or time slot, please include this information in the badge description. This will help attendees know when they will need to visit a page to earn a badge.
- Actions associated with default badges cannot be edited. If renaming these badges, keep your name clear and concise.
- Do not edit badges while your event is live. Editing badges will cause gamification points to recalculate, which will cause the leaderboard to temporarily display zero points for all users for up to 1 hour.
- Gamification is based on specific pages being loaded at specific dates and times that are set in the gamification page of the admin portal. As a best practice, we recommend adding a 5 to 10 minute buffer before sessions so that attendees who load a page slightly before a session still get the points associated with a badge.
- In the event of a tie for a winner, we recommend randomly selecting from those in first place to award any prizes to.
Now your event is ready for attendees to play! Let the games begin!