When creating an event with alternate language (Example Default English with Alt Japanese), if the user is a Japanese User(Japanese language chosen on profile) the user is unable to swap slides to the the Default English language. On the reverse if the user is an English User (English language chosen on Profile) they are able to toggle between the two slide languages.
Steps to Recreate
1. Create a new Studio Webcast event.
2. Choose multiple languages in PB. English Default Japanese Alt
3. Upload default English Slides.
4. Upload Alt Language Slides and choose Japanese as the language.
5. Create Staffers for admin making sure to make the default language for one English and the other Japanese.
6. Create Staffers for viewers making sure to make the default language for one English and the other Japanese.
7. Join as English admin to studio and click gear in Slide panel to see that slide language can be change between English and Japanese after making a slide is chosen.
8. Join as Japanese admin to studio and click gear in Slide panel to see that only Japanese is accessible event though the option for English shows after making sure a slide is chosen.
9. Start the Event from studio.
10. Join as English viewer and click gear in Slide panel to see that slide language can be changed between English and Japanese.
11. Join as Japanese viewer and click gear in Slide panel to see that Japanese is the the only slide language that displays even though English is an option.
This also works with other languages in the same way such as Japanese Default with English as Alt.
Data Centers Impacted
US & APAC
The only work around we found was to upload the needed slide deck with a different name as an Alt language such as Spanish to allow access to the slides that are in Japanese. Basically making a fake alt language to get access to the Japanese deck.
Cause & Fix
TFS# 10354 has been entered for this issue. QA has tested and recreated. Product management will review for a release date assignment.