Virtual event chat rooms that utilize the Google translator service do not have their messages translated. All messages only appear in the original language.
Steps to Recreate
- Enter a virtual event
- Navigate to General Settings > Select Google translation service > Enable all languages and submit
- Ensure that at least one configured host space contains a chat room
- Register two users. One with English and one with another language
- Login as each user, navigate to space from step 3, enter a chat in the local language of the user
- Confirm that users see chats repeated in the same language that was entered, instead of being translated to the language of the user viewing the chat
Data Centers Impacted
US & APAC
The Azure translator service should be used instead. It functions as expected.
Cause & Fix
TFS#7985 has been entered for this issue. Product management will review for a release date assignment.