If you copy an existing chatroom presentation by using the “Copy a presentation" feature, the copy does not display the chat history in the console upon refreshing the browser or re-logging.
Steps to Recreate
- Create a Chat Room Presentation
- Create 1 or 2 staffer logins, join the presentation as one of the staffers.
- Type in a message/conversation(if you are logged in as both staffers) then refresh the page or re-log, the message/conversation will be displayed in the chat history.
- Copy the Chat Room Presentation using "Copy a Presentation" feature.
- Log in the console as 1 or both staffers, type in a message/conversation then re-log or refresh the page, the chat history is blanked out.
- Upon checking the Data Portal Group Chat Activity it does appear the initial Chatroom Type is "Event" and the copy Type is "Presentation", chat transcript history is recorded.
Data Centers Impacted
US & APAC
Creating the chatroom presentations from scratch instead of copying.
Cause & Fix
TFS# 12155 has been entered for this issue. QA is testing to recreate the issue. Once Testing is complete, product management will review for a release date assignment.