If a webcast or virtual event's registration page utilizes two-factor authentication, it does not properly handle the “send registrant to default thank you page” or “send the registrant to a web page” options. If the default thank you page is selected, it will send attendees to the login page. If a web page is selected, it will send attendees to a broken page the first time the link is clicked. If clicked again, it will send attendees to the login page.
Note – Authentication and registration still take place and the attendee will receive the confirmation email.
Steps to Recreate
- Create a Studio Webcast or Virtual Event
- In the registration page's settings, choose to send attendees to the default thank you page or to a web page
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Register for the webcast or event through the quick registration page
- Wait for the two-factor authentication email to arrive and click the verification link in the email
- If the default thank you page was selected, you will be sent to the event's login page
- If a web page was selected, you will be taken to a broken page
For web pages, adding a forward slash '/' before the URL will correct the issue.
Cause & Fix
TFS# 11027 has been entered for this issue. QA is testing to recreate. Once testing is complete, Product Management will review for a release date assignment.