When attempting to view an earned certificate in the “My Certificates” profile panel in IE11, the link leads to an error page with a 403 Error Code.
Steps to Recreate
- Create a virtual event with the “My Certificates” panel added to the editable user profile and a presentation that awards a certificate.
- Log in to the event as an attendee using Internet Explorer 11 and earn a certificate.
- Navigate to the “My Profile” page and click the “My Certificates” panel.
- Click the “View” button for the certificate.
- A new window will open with a 403 error.
This panel behaves as expected in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge Chromium. Certificates can also be successfully downloaded in IE11 from the course completion tracker panel added to a Studio webcast.
Cause & Fix
TFS# 10078 has been entered for this issue. QA is testing to recreate. Once testing is complete, Product Management will review for a release date assignment.