Can documents be attached to emails sent through the platform's messaging section?
A: Documents can not be attached to emails sent by Studio Webcasting. However, you can upload documents to the CMS or another file hosting site and link to them in emails.
How to add files to the CMS:
From Studio Webcasting, click the CMS icon on the left-hand menu.
(1) Within the CMS, choose a library. In this example, we will use the Flex Images library.
(2) Click the "Choose File" button, navigate to the file you wish to upload from your computer and select it.
(3) Click the "Upload" button in the CMS.
Once the file has been uploaded, you can click the "Open" button in the lower right-hand corner to open the document in a new tab so that you can copy the document's URL in the CMS. (Note - some file types such as .ICS files will automatically download. To retrieve the file's URL, you will need to manually type the URL seen in the lower right-hand corner of the CMS when the file is highlighted.)
You will now need to change the URL format before including it in an email. By default, the URL will begin with "https://content.onlinexperiences.com/" followed by the path to your file. This portion of the URL should be replaced with the following: "https://presentations.akamaized.net/"
Please be sure to test that the URL takes you directly to the file as expected after making changes.
How to Add Links to Emails
To add the link to an email, go to the messaging section of Studio Webcasting, click the email you wish to edit, and click the "EDIT EMAIL" button. You can now either paste the entire link into the email or add it as a hyperlink to existing text in the email.
To create a hyperlink:
(1) Highlight the text you wish to add the link to.
(2) Click the "Insert/edit link" button at the top of the HTML Editor.
In this menu:
(1) paste the URL into the URL field.
(2) Enter a title for the document.
(3) Use the dropdown to have the link open in a new window.
(4) Click the "Save" button. Click the blue "SAVE" button at the bottom of the HTML editor to save changes made in the editor. Finally, click the blue "SAVE" button in the messaging section of Studio Webcasting to save all changes.
Once all changes have been made, test any emails containing links so that you can verify they are working.