The following will outline the various modes present in the media editor and how they can be applied. A detailed glossary for all media editor elements can be accessed here.
Cuepoint Mode allows you to batch edit and preview elements associated with cuepoints: Slide Display, Animations, Panel Commands or Screen Share markers. Once edits are final, selecting ‘SAVE’ will apply the edits to the cuepoints in the current Media Version.
- Slide Display: Add, edit and/or delete slide display times.
- Slide Animations: Add, edit and/or delete a slide animation (if a slide animation is present in the PowerPoint deck).
- Panel Commands: Add, edit and/or delete a panel command to highlight and/or feature an active panel in the webcast console.
- Screen Share: Edit and/or delete the screen share display time
(only applicable if screen share is a panel, not when using screen share as a source).
Media Mode allows you to edit the Media Version that is displayed in the Media Panel. Cuepoints are visible in this mode for reference only and will not update based on the applied edits. Once edits are final, selecting ‘SAVE’ will begin the encoding process to create a new Media Version of the webcast.
- Replace Video and/or Audio: Replace the video content with a black screen (leader) and/or silence the audio for the full Media Version or a specified segment.
- Split: Split allows you to add markers and segment the current Media Version. Replace and Add New commands will use the markers or segments the Split operation added as reference when creating a new Media Version.
- Add New (Add New will insert new media elements to the current version, either before or after the current segment.):
- Blank Media will insert a black screen (leader) and silence.
- Media Version will insert one of the previously created Media Versions of the webcast.
- Uploaded Media will insert an uploaded media file.
Trim Mode allows you to select ranges of media to delete from your recording. Only content in the current Media Version is editable from this mode. Cuepoints are visible in this mode for reference only but will update based on the applied edits. Once all edits have been previewed and are final, selecting ‘SAVE’ will create a new Media Version of the webcast.
- Razor Icon: The Razor Icon allows you to add markers to select the beginning and end of the segment you want to cut from the Media Version. Once the markers have been added, you can drag them from the top of the timeline to adjust the segment, or click on the red selected segment to refine your selection.
- Delete: Right-clicking inside the red segment you have selected and clicking Delete will get rid of the segment selection but will not make any changes to the media.
- Edit: Right-clicking inside the red segment you have selected and clicking Edit allows you to refine the selection by editing the timecode. You can also access this mode by clicking inside the red selection.
Please sign in to leave a comment.